19 miles from Jim Chapman Lake
Take a trip to the Texas countryside at 'Colonial Cowboy,' a 4-bedroom, 5-bathroom Saltillo vacation rental house. Nestled on a 460-acre cattle ranch, this impressive 10,679-square-foot property sleeps 10 guests with space for up to 18. Providing endless fun, this property offers a private outdoor pool and diving board, a sauna, pool table, foosball table and all the comforts of home. You can even host events, book catering services, order groceries, board horses and more for an additional fee!
Bedroom 1 (Strawberry Wine): King Bed | Bedroom 2 (That 70's Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 4 (Little Room on the Prairie): 2 Full Beds | Bedroom 5 (50 Shades of Violet): 2 Twin Beds
Built in 1967, this historic colonial ranch has maintained its original architecture while providing modern comforts and amenities for travelers. Inside you'll find several well-appointed living, sitting and dinings areas complete with high-end furnishings and Ecuadorian mahogany. Stunning chandeliers adorn the ceilings, while bright wallpaper and vibrant carpets guide you from one room to the next.
The charming kitchen comes fully equipped to handle all of your cooking needs. Serve for 10 in the formal dining room, or sit for afternoon sandwiches and sweet tea at the casual 4-person dining table. While some may opt to relax in the formal living room by the gas fireplace, others can gather in the sitting parlor for a round of card games and after-dinner cocktails.
Both kids and adults are sure to stay fully entertained during their stay. Have the musician sit down at the piano to play a tune while players break up into teams for pool or foosball. In the adjacent common area, there's a gas fireplace and flat-screen TV with an X-box game console.
Beat the Texas heat with a dip in the private outdoor pool (not heated), or jump off the diving board and make a splash! Onsite horse boarding is available, as is plenty of space to host a catered event. You can even book a scenic trail ride, try your hand at archery or spend afternoons fishing at one of 5 ponds.
While this home comfortably sleeps 10 throughout 4 lovely bedrooms, the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 18 with guests providing their own sleeping arrangements. Plenty of space is available throughout the bedrooms and living spaces to accommodate up to 5 queen air mattresses.
This property provides the best of both worlds with 460 private acres and a convenient location near dining establishments, area attractions, and outdoor recreation.
Downtown Sulphur Springs is just 15 minutes away or less! Sulphur Springs boasts delicious restaurants, eclectic shops and a charming small-town feel that'll make you feel right at home.
For annual festivities and daily entertainment, be sure to make a trip to Mount Vernon 20 miles away, where you can attend the Second Saturdays on the Square and the Mount Vernon Food & Wine Festival, or visit the Old Fire Station Museum and The Alamo Mission Museum of Franklin County.
Craving a sweet treat? Head to Sweet Julep's Inc in Mount Pleasant, while for an education outing there's the Edison Phonograph Museum.
Enjoy the great outdoors during your stay with a visit to Lake Cypress Springs or Cooper Lake each 30 minutes away, or Lake Fork just 40 minutes away.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, private outdoor pool w/ a diving board, pool house, sauna, archery range (for an additional fee), trail rides (for an additional fee), horse boarding (for an additional fee), 5 fishing ponds, charcoal grill, piano, 2 gas fireplaces, flat-screen cable TV, X-box game console, 6 carport spaces, additional parking and more
- Serene Saltillo location - Situated on a 460-acre cattle ranch just 15 minutes from Sulphur Springs shops and restaurants and 30 minutes away from lakes, walking trails and more
- Please note that catering, as well as food and essential grocery provisions, can be arranged for an added fee prior to your arrival (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Trail rides can be arranged for a $30 per person fee (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- To arrange skeet shooting, trail rides, horse boarding, catering or grocery provisions, please contact Evolve prior to your arrival
- Children's items can be provided with prior notice (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered on a case-by-case basis for an additional fee with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Boarded horses must have a Coggins
- Please note that the pool is not heated
- This property can comfortably sleep 10 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 18 guests if guests provide their own sleeping accommodations
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in